Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Original Poem

A couple of weeks ago I posted a poem by Patricia Fargnoli. I have been writing aversion of her poem every day for the last few weeks.

Here is just one of my rough drafts:

Invocation

You came to me between the layers of turquoise 
stacked on top of the pink sandstone.
You came to me in the goldfinch feather 
she carried in her small hands and then 
as the kingfisher feather she called chickadee. 

You came as the full moon 
that wakes me through out the night.
And the lucid dreams beneather wave laps,
whispers of those past beyond. 

You came as the first ripe tomato.
The one we sliced and shared,
eyes closed. 

You came because I needed the fullness of summer. Because my skin needed warmth. 

You came though I had asked for nothing because I wasn't full as a river at full tide. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice imagery in this poem. Like the mood and tone of it. Well done. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again! In tomorrow's (9/2) post, I'm nominating you for an award. :) Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete