Sunday, February 8, 2015

Finally, a Reunion



Yep, it's been awhile. It's amazing how time just gets past you. Last weekend though I was able to slow life down a bit and savor friendship. I traveled to Chicago during the ALA conference to meet up with Juliet to celebrate the new book release of our dearest Kathy Cannon Weichman! Take note of her name, I have a feeling if you are going to hear it a lot in the coming years. And Juliet and I couldn't be more proud. Kathy is a beautiful writer and an even more beautiful person. I was so honored to be able to spend time with her. The book will be out this spring. Put an order in!


Juliet and her family with the Latvian orphans

Juliet has so many irons in the fire which is normal for her. When she isn't changing the world through her work with several non-profits, she is just being an amazing mother, wife and friend. In addition she has some great forthcoming works and I have no doubt by this year's close I'll be traveling back to celebrate her accomplishments. In the meantime she is raising money to bring back the orphans from Latvia. She has opened her heart and home to them for a couple years and this year wants to do it again. You can watch her video here.


I am doing my best to keep my journal and enjoying each moment as it comes. I am so thankful for good friends.
With Juliet and Kathy

13 comments:

  1. I wish I could have joined you guys. It sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, thanks for this beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two of you were the frosting on the cake of a wonderful weekend! Even though I hadn't seen you in years, it was as though we had never been apart. I love you both. Thank you for this tremendous post, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that today I got your book in the mail! Thank you for a tremendous visit, it really was wonderful! I am also so humbled to mentioned with your daughters! Cheers to the next celebration!

      Delete
  4. Pleasure to meet the much-talked-about Kathy Wiechman (she's something of a rock star to Gina and Juliet) and to be the weekend chaffuer for the weekend these two bloggers. Braving a U.P.-worthy blizzard and eating delicious Chicago food was never so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin,
      You are my favorite chaffuer! The company made the food that much better! Cam't wait for you and J to come for a visit!

      Delete
    2. Kevin, it was my pleasure to meet you. And my joy to spend time with Juliet and Gina. I am honored to call them my friends. And true friends are much better than rock stars any day.

      Delete
  5. Looks like your friend is a really talented person. I have a friend from http://www.paperwriting.xyz/ that writes his own book, too. He has to finish it soon and I really try to support him as much as it is possible, so he can write something really fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I went through my spam comments folder because I found a comment about something unrelated that had never been approved in my email and then discovered many comments that were in my spam folder and discovered yours from 3 years ago during the A - Z Challenge 2013. So sorry to finally get back to you now. Hope you are well. I'll try to visit your blog more often. Courtney - Maui Jungalow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unable to manage privacy in Binance support number

    Privacy is an important factor for the people who trade online exchange. Are you unable to manage privacy in Binance? Do you want to restrict the entry of unknown people who want to sneak in to your Binance exchange account? If you’re unable to manage privacy in Binance, you can directly ping on Binance support number and avail the best-possible solutions from the skilled professionals. The customer professional team is active and always there to assist users whenever they are in need of help.
    Website: https://www.cryptophonesupport.com/exchange/binance/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Jasa Fotocopy Murah 24 Jam wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)
    1. Jasa Fotocopy 24 Jam
    2. Jasa Fotocopy 24 Jam di Jakarta
    3. Jasa Fotocopy Murah di Jakarta
    4. Jasa Fotocopy Murah 24 di Jakarta

    ReplyDelete