For the A-Z Challenge, we decided to post a new (original) poem every day! For the letter "M," this poem is dedicated to friend and new mother, Nicole.
Outside the frostbit early morning,
Blue glinting streetlight,
Presses against the windowpanes of this old house.
But it cannot jam through,
To where we lay,
Zachary between us,
On the sprawling island of your bed.
That friendship shores us up,
Creates a place for new life,
And makes us safe.
Hey! The fabulous Kate at My Next Life nominated us for another Liebster Award!
Juliet is taking the questions for this one on alone to give Regina
a well deserved breather after traveling all last week and
posting an extra poem this Sunday.
1. If you were an animal, what would you be?
Cat, totally. I watch my cats lie around the house all day and I'm infinitely jealous!
2. What is your favorite book of all time (or two or three?)
Too hard! I'll list a few...Broken for You, To Kill a Mockingbird, Liar's Club
3. What is your biggest fear?
That anything awful would happen to my family.
4. If you could have any talent (that you don't already have) what would it be?
I'd love to play piano.
5. If you could invite three famous people to dinner who would they be?
Elizabeth Cady Stanton, My own maternal great grandmother and Susan B. Anthony
6. If you had a time machine, where would you go first?
Chicago, 1910 - Hull House
7. If calories didn't count, what would you eat today?
Crab legs dipped in clarified butter.
8. What book do you wish you'd written?
A Northern Light, by Jennifer Donnelley
9. What antagonist do you most relate to?
I'll have to come back to that one...
10. If you could relive any day of your life, which would it be?
My wedding day. It was lovely.
To see the questions, answers and nominations from our first Liebster Award
just follow this link back in time.