Thursday, November 29, 2012

First Post: Carrot Juice and Coffee



The table is set and I am wondering who will arrive to partake. I would serve, of course, carrot juice.
-Regina Gort

What? I haven't even had my coffee yet.
-Juliet Bond

Welcome to our new writing blog!  We hope you will join us on this new venture, that you will share laughs, triumphs and rejection letters. That you might dust off your muse and rediscover what inspires you to write, live and love.

More than likely there will be poetry.

And book reviews and interviews.

Revelations and prompts.

But most of all the growth of a relationship with our muses, a little bit country and a little bit city.



When I Met My Muse
I glanced at her and took my glasses
off--they were still singing. They buzzed
like a locust on the coffee table and then
ceased. Her voice belled forth, and the
sunlight bent. I felt the ceiling arch, and
knew that nails up there took a new grip
on whatever they touched. "I am your own
way of looking at things," she said. "When
you allow me to live with you, every
glance at the world around you will be
a sort of salvation." And I took her hand.



12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann. Hope you will drop by again. Come to think of it we'd love to host an Ann post or photo, too!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your new space! Love the Stafford poem. Happy writing to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover photo, good luck with the blog, I'm sure it will be extremely entertaining, educational, encouraging, and ... I've run out of "E" words! good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jon! We will do our best to keep things exhilarating.

      Delete
  4. I'm bringing a skinny caffe mocha.

    ReplyDelete