Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Poem

I guess it's just one of those weeks where the stars align.  I've been to several community meetings that made me feel like I am really lucky to be a part of so many good things.  At COPE, we got a donor who has offered to pay for a full year of storage for furniture items that will go to needy families.  And American Idol started its new season, giving my teenager a reason to pile onto the couch with the rest of us, share the electric blanket across five laps, and tune in to TV and to family.

So today, a love poem.

[i carry your heart with me(i carry it in]

BY E. E. CUMMINGS
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
                                                      i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Juliet, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. eec's beautiful poem reminds me just how big the heart can be when it holds other hearts. It often takes us human beings a while to learn that there is always room for more love. Sending some your way today.

    ReplyDelete