Friday, January 10, 2014

100 Day Project

"If creativity is a habit, then the best creativity is the result of good work habits. They are the nuts and bolts of dreaming." -- Twyla Tharp, The Creative Habit


http://the100dayproject.com/about/


Our local Arts and Culture Center is sponsoring a project for the community to become more involved in creative expression and encouraging everyone to participate. At lunch a couple weeks ago two of my friends mentioned that they were going to do a project and asked if I'd like to do one as well. I've given it some thought and have decided to make it a priority. The launch date is January 21st. And so I thought I'd share my journey.

My first decision was what to do. I decided that in order for me to fulfill my commitment it had to be something I like: Poetry. Then I figured that it couldn't feel like work. What I love most of all is sharing poetry. So every day for 100 days I am going to copy down a poem and I am going to share in a public space and document it. I have left it open so it could mean that I leave a copy of the poem on a chair in a waiting room and take a photo. Or it could mean if I am feeling brave that I stand up in the middle of a restaurant and read it out loud. The only constant is that it is the same poem for 100 days. I wonder how my relationship will develop with that poem over the course of time.

Now to find the right poem. I have a little over a week to find it. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see which poem you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have written so many lovely poems, but if you're likely to read it in public, choose one that you can read without choking up. Meaningful & personal, but easily readable. Also somewhat universal in theme, so that whoever reads it can take something from it. Can't wait to see what you choose & how it plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear how your poem is received--GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete