Friday, November 1, 2013

Not So Original Poem Friday

Up since 2am today and not feeling particularly peppy.  Instead of something new...here's an old favorite by Madeline L'Engle.  I'm not sure why but it resonated with me in high school and it's the only poem that know by heart.

My love is lost and so I stay
I count not cost
Nor look for ways
To love again
For I love still
And sun and rain
And night and Days
My heart have tossed a thousand ways
For love like light
Cannot be caught
Fingers closed tight
Hold naught

- Madeline L'Engle

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Juliet!

    I too memorized this in high school ... 45 years ago ... though remember it slightly differently. Wonderful poem:
    My love is lost
    And so it stays
    I count not cost
    Nor look for ways
    To love again
    For I love still
    And love is pain
    And pain is nought
    And love like light
    Cannot be caught
    And suns and rains
    And nights and days
    My heart have tossed
    A thousand ways
    For love like light
    Cannot be caught
    Fingers clenched tight
    Hold naught.

    ReplyDelete