Monday, November 25, 2013

Motivation

For those of us feeling a little foggy on this Monday. Here is a quality we could all use.

Clarity from Book of Qualities by Ruth Gendler

Clarity
My visits to Clarity are soothing now. He never tells me what to think or feel or do, but shows me how to find out what I need to know. It was not always like this.  I used to visit other people who visited him.  Finally, I summoned the courage to call on him myself.  I still remember the first time I went to see him.  Was I surprised.  He lives on a hill in a little house surrounded by wild roses.  I went in the living room and sat down in a comfortable chair by the fireplace.  There were topographical maps on the walls, and the room was full of stuff, musical instruments and telescopes and globes, geodes and crystals and old Italian tarot decks and two small cats.  When I left, he presented me with a sketchbook and told me to draw the same thing everyday until the drawing started to speak to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment